Macros stripped from .fsls?

General OpenLisp forum

Macros stripped from .fsls?

Postby dbane » Tue May 03, 2005 11:24 pm

I was running version 8.0.0 on both Darwin and VMS. Ordinarily, everything is fine. However, if you generate the .fsl files (e.g. using makefasl.sh), you get errors about while and until being undefined all over the place (specifically, in macros like defclass and defstruct where they're used).

Deleting startup.fsl fixes it.
dbane

Re: Macros stripped from .fsls?

Postby jullien » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:36 pm

dbane wrote:I was running version 8.0.0 on both Darwin and VMS. Ordinarily, everything is fine. However, if you generate the .fsl files (e.g. using makefasl.sh), you get errors about while and until being undefined all over the place

Hmm! as noted on the FAQ (http://www.eligis.com/FAQ.html):

What are fasl (.fls) files?

The fasl format was made to provide a fast way to load interpreted files when OpenLisp was only interpreted. With LAP format and the C backend, compiler fasl is now obsolete. As a good advice, you should delete all fasl files from your system.

I'm please to see that someone is using VMS. Is this port really as usable as other ports? I'm not really accustomed to OpenVMS. Thanks for your feedback with OpenVMS.
jullien
Site Admin

Postby dbane » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:37 pm

Sorry, I forgot about that FAQ. Perhaps you should remove makefasl.sh and lib/makefasl.lsp from the distribution to stop curious people like me?

I'm quite impressed with the VMS port. To the extent that I've used it, it's indistinguishable from the other platforms.
dbane

Postby jullien » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:35 pm

dbane wrote:Perhaps you should remove makefasl.sh and lib/makefasl.lsp from the distribution to stop curious people like me?

I'm generally reluctant to remove something from a distro. But I'll certainly will print a warning if you use it

dbane wrote:I'm quite impressed with the VMS port. To the extent that I've used it, it's indistinguishable from the other platforms.

Thanks for this report, my MVS port (IBM Mainframe with EBCDIC chars) works also transparently with an excellent compatibility level with other systems. You can totally forget that you are on an alien system.
jullien
Site Admin

Return to General discussion